Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Welcome!

Welcome to Soo's Epilepsy Corner! My name is Soo Ihm. I am from Southern California. 

 In my blog I'm going to be sharing information about epilepsy, in an effort to educate and advocate. I will tackle issues such as the history of epilepsy, new medications, traditional surgery, Vagus nerve stimulator, other new devices under development, diets, alternative treatments (herbs, acupuncture, marijuana, etc.), stigma, first aid, side effects, SUDEP (Sudden Death by Epilepsy).  

This is only the beginning, since epilepsy remains a mystery to scientists as well as they continue to search for a cure.  Every bit of awareness we can spread to the community about what epilepsy is the better, since it is still very misunderstood and feared by many. 

I hope you find this blog useful and engaging.


Soo

No comments:

Post a Comment