Sunday, August 28, 2016

Stress and Seizures

Hello readers!  I apologize for having been away.  Being a perfectionist and a procrastinator sometimes doesn’t work well.  In this post, I will share a post by Phylis Feiner Johnson from her blog Epilepsy Talk entitled “Stress and Seizures.”  I think the way she writes about this topic explains the connection between the two very well.  I don’t think I could have done better.  Why reinvent the wheel if it has already been created?

One thing that stood out to me when I read her blog post included the fact that there can be so-called “happy” seizures.  That is, when something positive happens, the happy emotion can trigger a seizure.  It is not only negative stressors that cause seizures, and we need to be aware of that.

There are different types of stress, including acute and chronic stress. 

Phylis gives some suggestions on how to lower stress in order to reduce seizures, with the caveat that not all the techniques will benefit everyone.  It is a good place to start, however.

If you have seizures caused by stress (I think many, if not most of us do), I hope this will help.

Source:
Phylis Feiner Johnson
Epilepsy Talk, “Stress and Seizures”

No comments:

Post a Comment