Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Thank You!


It has been one year since I started writing this blog.  It is amazing that I have a worldwide readership.  I hope I meet your expectations.  I want to thank you for all your support and for continuing to read my blog.

Epilepsy education and awareness are more important now more than ever since it is the fourth most common neurological disorder and is more common than multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, and Parkinson’s disease combined yet receives fewer research dollars per patient than each of these (http://end-epilepsy.org/index.php).

Still, in today’s society, many people are afraid of and confused about epilepsy because they don’t know what to do when someone has a seizure.  Also, seizures are scary, especially if you haven’t seen one before.

I hope my blog is helping to reduce the fear and confusion by addressing important issues related to epilepsy.

In the coming months, I plan to write more about specific types of seizures to give you an idea of the spectrum of this disorder.

If there is anything you would like me to write about, please leave me a comment below.  Also, please let me know what you think about the blog.

Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment