Monday, November 1, 2021

Epilepsy Blog Relay November 2021




November is Epilepsy Awareness Month!

This means it is time for the November Epilepsy Blog Relay!  You can follow along at https://livingwellwithepilepsy.com/.

I am the lead blogger for the month. You can also read my full story at https://livingwellwithepilepsy.com/2021/epilepsy-blog-relay/nov-21-ebr-posts/5-tips-to-live-well-with-epilepsy.html.

Here is a snippet:

What does it mean to Live Well with Epilepsy? In an ideal world, there would be no epilepsy to worry about. But as it is, epilepsy is a fact of life. It is our challenge to live with it as best we can. Over the years, I have discovered a few tips that help me live well with epilepsy.

As a person with epilepsy, I wish I could be seizure-free. That is, I suppose, anyone’s hope in my position. Right now, I am seeing a seizure reduction, but I don’t want to jinx myself by saying I’m on my way!

The truth is, I still have short seizures almost daily, and just the other day, I had a big, complex partial seizure at work which incapacitated me. I could not respond to my coworkers. Understanding people and not being able to reply was extremely frustrating. When I finally recovered, I was ready to get back to work but knew better. I had to go home and rest. My mother picked me up and drove me home.  My big mistake was that I walked to work. I thought it would be good to get some exercise, and the temperature was in the low 80s. However, the heat was enough to trigger a serious seizure.

So, how do I try to live well with epilepsy? Here are 5 tips you can try to live well with epilepsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment